According to a recent survey, hospitals and health systems are writing off denials 90% more than six years ago; potentially resulting in $3.5 million dollars in lost revenue for the average 350 bed hospital. The marked increase is driven by a number of factors including increased denials for medical necessity.
- Has your denial rate increased?
- If so, what is the root cause?
- What methods do you utilize to track and analyze denials?
- What audit methodology do you have in place to reduce denials?
- Are you leaving money on the table?
Provident is currently finding millions of dollars in revenue for clients through its Revenue Integrity Audits. Using our proprietary methodology and tools, our team of experienced HIM professionals compliantly identify opportunities to improve coding, documentation and maximize the DRG while providing essential education to team members to improve the overall revenue integrity process.