Increasingly complex regulatory requirements and financial transactions have led to increased frequency of federal and state investigations and commercial litigation in the healthcare industry. Provident Management Consulting’s (“Provident”) Healthcare Investigations & Litigation Support solution brings deep healthcare industry expertise when providing independent evaluations, data analysis and expert opinions throughout the dispute resolution process.
Healthcare Investigations & Litigation Support Overview
The intense scrutiny of federal and state regulatory agencies has been accompanied by a concurrent increase in whistleblower and class action lawsuits, fraud-related investigations and contractual disputes. We help healthcare organizations and their internal and external counsel prepare for, manage, and defend investigations and support them in commercial litigation and financial transactions.
A COMPREHENSIVE APPROACH
Our solution includes healthcare investigations and litigation support in the following areas:
- Initial fact finding through document and data collection, interviews and document review
- Assistance with responding to subpoenas, requests for information and discovery requests
- Complex claims, contract and data analysis arising from Stark, Anti-Kickback, False Claims Act, Medicare, or Medicaid investigations, or from subpoena or civil investigative demands
- Statistical sampling of healthcare claims or other populations
- Quantification of potential underpayments and overpayments
- Coding and billing audits including specialty areas
- Internal investigations and self-disclosure support
- Damages estimates and calculations /rebuttal of opposing side’s damages models
- Deposition and trial strategy assistance, including case analyses and attorney work product development
- Data breach analysis and notifications
- Expert report development and testimony
- Trial preparation
- Settlement support
We also work closely with our healthcare clients and their counsel on document discovery as well as complex data and document analyses during the subpoena response and fact finding processes, including:
- Comprehensive document and electronic data discovery efforts;
- Document review and e-discovery services (computer forensics and electronic data collection/ recovery); and
- Electronic data warehousing and analysis.
Risk Mitigation Identification
While providing expert healthcare investigations and litigation support to clients, Provident professionals strive to identify and assess areas of potential risk for future disputes in connection with the same matter or other areas of operations– and often assist with implementing proactive, sustainable risk mitigation solutions.
WHAT SETS US APPART
Our Healthcare Investigations & Litigation Support solution draws equally upon our litigation experience and our wealth of healthcare regulatory compliance knowledge. Our functional and subject matter expertise helps providers and their counsel successfully meet legal, regulatory, and investigation challenges.